An overseas family holiday had long felt like a pipe dream. With young kids,…
So below is a great recipe for homemade muesli bars! These are ALOT better than the crap you can buy at the shops full of sugar! I added protein powder to these so they can be a great post-workout snack! Just remember even though these are healthy they are also full of healthy fats which should always be had in moderation. It is best to have these once a day usually after a workout or as a healthy snack, as you know having too much of anything is never good (besides veggies, makeup and money). I first saw this recipe by the lovely Chontel Duncan from “HIIT Australia” and just added my own twist to it! Enjoy!
- Crushed Nuts (almonds, brazil nuts,
cashews) to make it nut-free leave this out and add extra oats
- Mixed Seeds
- Rolled Oats
- Shredded coconut
- Sultanas & dried fruit (Optional- remember this adds extra natural sugar I personally leave these out)
- 3 scoop protein powder (I use vanilla for baking) – leave this out if it’s for the kids
- 1/2 cup Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Mix together coconut oil, rice malt syrup & boiling water. (Tip: You can warm up the
coconut oil before hand so it is quicker to mix together). Some people like to do this step on the stove but I’m lazy.
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Make 330-350g of dry mix (oats, nuts, fruits, coconut, protein powder etc)
- Add the dry mix into the wet mix bowl and mix together
- Line a tray with baking paper.
Pour and flatten mixture into the tray making it about 2cm thick.
- Preheat oven to 175 degree celsius and bake for 25 to 40 minutes (depending on your oven).
- When golden brown let it completely cool down before cutting it into bars. I find this usually makes me about 12 bars.
- Wrap individually in glad wrap and store in the fridge!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Tag me in your posts if you decide to give this and hashtag #justanothermummy I’d love to see your recreations!
Until next time!