Its time to recharge our physical and mental batteries! This challenge is all about…
Now I know we all love a good protein ball! There is unfortunately a lot out there that is packed of sugars and very high in fat! So I am excited to start sharing with you my series of protein ball recipes. I have created these which are a great post workout snack or something you can have when you want something sweet!
The first recipe I will be sharing is my all time favourite!
- 1/4 Cup Cacao
- 1/4 Cup Almond Meal
- 2 Scoops of Vanilla or Chocolate Protein (Whey Protein Isolate is best)
- 1 Handful Mixed Nuts + Seeds (e.g. chia seeds, crushed almonds etc)
- 6 Chopped Dates (if desired)
- 2 Tablespoon Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Desiccated Coconut
- Shredded Coconut (to roll ball into)
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients; cacao powder, almond meal, protein powder, mixed seeds, dates, desiccated coconut and mix together
- Add in peanut butter and 1 Tablespoon boiling water and mix together. Add extra boiling water if needed to moisten mixture.
- Scoop mix into hands and roll into balls
- Roll balls into shredded coconut
- Set in fridge for a couple of hours and your done!
Please tag me in your recreations!! Requests for protein ball flavours welcome!