I always had the belief that I wasn’t a runner, in fact I thought I…
This is a super easy go-to pasta to make for the whole family! There are so many variations to this meal so you can really add what you please- not to mention Harper loves it!
Below are the three different ways I make it!
Chicken + Mushroom: Chicken, mushroom, semi-dried tomatoes
Vegetarian: capsicum, mushroom, olives, spinach leaves, semi dried tomatoes + pine nuts
Steph’s Fave: diced ham, pine nuts + spinach leaves
- Choose which way you would like to have your pasta e.g. ham or chicken or vegetarian
- Pasta of your choice (fettuccine, penne or spiral pasta are great)
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 Can Diced tomatoes (this makes it extra creamy)
- 1-2 Jars of Pesto (depending on how strong you like the taste
- 1 teaspoon chilli (if desired)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- Salt & Pepper
- Added extras: spinach leaves
To add in for the little ones : finely diced broccoli (i secretly add this in to Harpers meal and she doesn’t even know!)
- Boil your pasta
- Dice up your chicken or ham (if this is your chosen way) and cook in a large pan (you will be using this pan to throw the pasta and ingredients in)
- Throw in any ingredients such as mushrooms, vegetables, pine nuts (but not spinach leave that to last)
- Once Pasta is cooked, drain and add into pan with the other ingredients
- Mix together and add 1 -2 jars of pesto, drizzle of olive oil, chilli, garlic, 1/4 can diced tomatoes
- Taste to determine if you would like to add any extra pesto
- Throw in any extras such as spinach leaves(or add in the kids hidden vegetables) and mix together
- Your done!