If you follow me on snapchat (justanothermum) you would see that every week I prep tonnes of healthy fried rice to eat for lunches for the week! It is a super easy meal and my version includes a great amount of protein (which helps you keep fuller for longer).
Of course with this recipe you can honestly add whatever you like! This is just how I like to make it!
Makes about 4-5 meals
- Basmati Rice (I am lazy and use 2 of the microwave ready packs)
- 4 cups Peas, corn and carrot (I use a frozen mixed bag)
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 500g Pork, turkey or chicken mince (you can completely skip this if you like or add tofu)
- 4 Eggs (2 whole, 2 egg whites)
- Coconut Aminos (found in any health food store) or Tamari Sauce (these are healthy alternatives to soy sauce)
- Seasame oil 2 tsp
- 2 finely chopped Garlic (or you can use minced garlic)
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- Salt + Pepper (if desired)
- Cook your choice of mince in a large pan or wok, add in the ginger and garlic
- Whilst meat is cooking scramble up the eggs and cook up some rice (about 2.5 cups of uncooked rice or 1.5 packs of ready cooked rice)
- Throw in desired amount of frozen veggies + spring onion in with meat
- After the egg and rice is cooked throw in all together
- Add 1/4cup Tamari sauce (or Coconut Aminos) and 2 tsp seasame oil
- Your done! EASY!