Now I am a sucker for some oily, delicious, pulled pork on a taco or burger, but it isn’t always great for the waistline! So I created a healthier version of this delicious meal! You can use this method to make pork for anything from; tacos, stirfrys, burgers, sandwiches and even salads (basically anything).
I tend to make a large batch of this, so then we have meat for lunches and dinner for a few days! You will find this pork to be different from that traditional BBQ flavoured style (to save on fat, sodium and calories) as this has more of a tomato base but still so delicious! Plus you can literally use this recipe with any meat like chicken, beef or lamb!
1 Cup Beef Stock (alternatively Vegetable or Chicken work fine too)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 jar Passata Sauce
2 Cloves of crushed Garlic (or Garlic Powder)
2-3 teaspoons Mixed Herbs
2 teaspoon Parsley (fresh or packet)
1/4 Chopped Onion (optional)
- Firstly cut off the layer of fat from the pork (if you wish to make crackling keep it and make prior to serving, or discard)
- Place pork shoulder in the slow cooker
- In a bowl mix together; Stock, Olive Oil, Passata Sauce, garlic, mixed herbs, parsley and onion (literally everything!).
- Pour over the Pork shoulder
- Put slow cooker on LOW for 7-9 hours (depending on the size of the pork)
- Once finished use two forks to pull apart (if you wish to make it a bit more crisp, pop on a tray in the oven for 10 minutes on 180).
- Then make into tacos, burgers, wraps..anything you wish!
The amazing thing about this recipe is that you can use chicken, beef, lamb or pork! Works with everything!