Its time to recharge our physical and mental batteries! This challenge is all about…
One of my all time favourite meals is good ole nachos! But we all know how much carbs and fat is in those flavoured corn chips plus the nachos dressing! SO here is my healthy revamped version of this delicious Mexican dish! This is the beef recipe but don’t stress vegetarians I have left some alterations for you!
- 1 Packet White Tortilla Strips (non flavoured, this is what I use click here)
- 500g lean beef mince (vegetarians leave this out)
- 1 can red kidney beans (vegetarians have 2 cans in total)
- 1 Jar Passata Sauce (check ingredients to ensure no added salt + nasties!)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 -1 tsp Chilli
- 1/2-1 tsp Paprika
- Greek yogurt
- Olive Oil (or lemon juice)
- 2 Diced Tomatoes
- Light Shredded Cheese
To Make Guacamole
- In a bowl mix one whole avocado with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil (alternatively you can use lemon juice)
- Once mixture is smooth add in diced tomato
- You can also add in any extras like onion and capsicum!
To Make Mexican Mix
- In a pan cook beef then add in your passata sauce
- Add in beans and stir
- Season mix with cumin, chilli and paprika
- Add extra seasoning if needed for taste!
Finish it off!
- On a plate place your tortilla chips evenly
- Add your mexican mix on top then sprinkle with cheese (go easy on the cheese!)
- Pop in microwave or oven (depending on what you prefer) until cheese is melted
- Add a scoop of guacamole and a scoop of greek yogurt
- Your done!!
This is a great meal to have when your craving something more than your usual meat and veggie dinner! Please tag me in your recreations!