An overseas family holiday had long felt like a pipe dream. With young kids,…
Here is my favourite roast lamb recipe. I am a slow cooker whore because it just always tastes so much better when it is cooked over a longer period of time. If you don’t have a slow cooker use an oven bag and cook at 140 degrees for 4-5 hours (depending on the size of the lamb).
- Leg of Lamb (2kgs)
- 1 jar Passata sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 gloves of crushed garlic (chopped)
- freshly chopped, parsley & oregano
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
For the sides
Vegetables of your choice;
- potatoes or sweet potato
- zucchini, broccoli and any other greens you’d like
- olive oil or coconut oil
- salt & pepper
- Pat dry the leg of lamb with a paper towel and cut some slits into the meat (about an inch deep)
- Place lamb into the slow cooker and pour beef stock, diced tomatoes and passata over the top
- In a bowl make the paste by mixing the olive oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Rub the paste all over the lamb and place some rosemary and pieces of the garlic into the slits of the lamb
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours until cooked through
Method for Roasted Vegetables
- An hour before the lamb is ready cut up your vegetables
- In a bowl mix your choice of oil with salt and pepper and mix vegetables through
- Place vegetables on a tray and cook for 45-60 minutes at 180 degree celsius
Cut up lamb and serve with a side of your roasted vegetables! Add some gravy if you like or mint sauce!
Hope you enjoy!